Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Andrea DiGiglio interview and Alice's Sacrifice review

I'm excited, today we get to have one of my best friends on the blog!! Andrea DiGiglio is popping by to answer some questions for me and then I'll review her new book Alice's Sacrifice!


1. Alice is so strong, she goes through so much. Where did her character come from?
 I was going through a difficult time when I wrote her, imagining someone as strong as Alice helped me be strong in my own life. A lot of the things at a core level were happening in my life and I used them to push Alice for us both to survive them together.
 2. I've said this to you in passing, but do you think you'll ever write something on the lighter side? Lol honestly I highly doubt it, it's not my strong suit and I prefer the darkness in my writing. It makes me feel alive and I love when someone says to me my work touched them and they thought they were alone in how they felt and now they know thats not true.
 3. Who has been your favorite character to write? I love writing Kokabiel, he's so sarcastic and beautiful. Reminds me of Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man. He's very down to earth and understanding but when he makes a stand you know it and you feel like you're right there beside him supporting him.
 4. What are you working on now? Im currently working on the third book in the Alice Clark Series, the prequel, a YA called The Vessel, a vampire book currently untitled and a book called When Darkness Rises that you are co-writing with me. :)
 5. What authors inspire you?
The authors in my writing group. They are so supportive and informative and above all talented. They really inspire me to be a better writer, to take risks in my writing and remind me what I just wrote wasn't shit.


Now on to the review!

After the fight of a lifetime, Alice and Cole return home to live a life they were never meant to live. Fallen Angel father's choose to stay, protect and get to know their nephilim children. Now that everyone knows where to find Alice, the real question is who is that information pertinent to? One single traumatic event sets Alice's true destiny into motion. How each of those she cares for reacts to this event; has enormous consequences for her. 

What will Alice have to sacrifice and for whom?

Amazon

My review:

Ok first off, I don't write long reviews full of spoilers. I just tell you if I liked the book or not :)

I loved Finding Alice (book 1), and in my opinion, this book blew it out of the water. Andrea did a great job of making you feel everything right along with the characters. Alice was beautifully bruised and fierce. I loved it. I really cannot say enough good things about the book. I would totally recommend it to anyone who loves dark fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment